Tips for New Students
- Take a deep breath. Yoga is a lifelong practice that begins simply by beginning. Showing up is often the hardest part.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early. Grab your card from the front desk, or let the staff on duty know if it is your first time at Fearless Heart
- Ask questions. We are here to guide you and we believe that yoga is learning about yourself through breath and movement. If you have a question, ask! Chances are that someone else is wondering too.
- Dress appropriately. Wear comfortable workout clothing. Layers help to adjust for temperature changes during and after class.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Leave your shoes on the steps or on the shoe mat in the studio lobby. This preserves the sacred nature of the studio space. We have cubbies in the changeroom for your valuables.
- Turn off your cell phone. This enhances your experience and is a polite gesture to your fellow students.
- Notify the teacher of any injuries or medical conditions. This helps the teacher know how to assist you and give you modifications. You are the boss of your body! Never do a pose that doesn’t feel or sound right to you. It is perfectly acceptable and expected to honour where you are at and rest in child’s pose for a few moments if the class is moving in a direction that is not appropriate for you.
- Practice often, 4-6 times per week for maximum benefit and allow yourself at least one day off a week. You will be amazed how rapidly your practice will show improvement and feel easier and lighter.
- Remember to have fun. Fearless Heart is your space to learn and explore. Laugh at yourself. Feel lighter. Do yoga to get more out of life.